Saturday, October 31, 2009

India

A co-worker invited me to a party tonight. She lived in California for a length of time and to me is the the stereotypical Californian. It was an eclectic party to say the least, with yogis, musicians, and an Indian cooking the food. I pushed my boundaries a bit and tried some edibles that I wouldn't normally think of eating. It was good, but nothing I'd crave. Memorable personalities? 5 second Bob (not his real name). He'd start telling you a story or showing you something on his cell phone and suddenly he would go "wait a second" and then he'd wonder off to start a conversation with somebody else. Thirty minutes later he would show back up and start a brand new conversation. I finally turned to the girl next to me (a yoga instructor) and said "Is he a little distracted?" She agreed. I had a good time, but when the drums and gourds and sitars came out, I excused myself and went home. It was good to meet different people, but it makes me think that I'm not ready for some things.

1 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

*writing on list*
Take Bat to Indian food...

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home