Saturday, October 24, 2009

Another Weekend

I don't know why this week seemed to stretch out forever. Work was either hit or miss. One day we would be slow and it would take an eternity to put in my ten hours, the next day we would be slammed and I would barely have time to take a breath or micturate. To make things worse, my lower back has been killing me. I knew it was from wearing the heavy lead all day and I finally broke down and went to see a chiropractor. I never put much stock in chiropractors, but I knew that if I went to a doctor, he would either do nothing or give me drugs.
So, it turns out that I have something called spondylolisthesis. One of my lower vertebrae has slipped forward a bit. The chiro said it was probably from when I was younger and in gymnastics. It's very mild and I would probably never notice it except when I've been wearing heavy lead all day. The posterior portion of the bones rub against one another and become inflammed. Then the pain radiates to my buttocks and upper thigh on the right. So, he's working my back, trying to get it in better alignment and I'm trying to exercise my core muscles and I'm icing my back every day when I get home from work. Things are a little better, but if I can't get major improvement, eventually I will have to change jobs I think.
I don't really have anything to do this weekend. I'm going to the gym today, then I guess I will clean and watch UT get slaughtered by Alabama. The Preds play in Chicago tonight, but for some reason, it isn't on TV. Hopefully I can stay busy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

by "change jobs," you mean change job tasks, not change careers, right?

Hope it feels better soon. With those symptoms, I would've thought it was sciatica and freaked out.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home