Wednesday, May 19, 2010

HNT

Five years ago I had been blogging for a short time, mostly because I had a bad case of insomnia, but partly because it help my confused mind to write. Shortly after I began doing this, I stumbled across something called "Half-Nekkid Thursday". On Thursdays, bloggers would post a picture, usually creative, showing a bit of skin. Some were mundane, but a lot of them were artistic and fun. I decided to join in and posted my first HNT picture on June 30. The above picture was of me messing around and deciding that at first glance, somebody might mistake my picture for something more titillating. I got quite a few comments and people seemed to enjoy it, thus a new hobby was born. I met a lot of new people online due to HNT and some in real life. I liked the interaction and the challenge of trying to come up with something new.

Fast forward to April of 2006. I had been dating the infamous "Ex" since December. I had told her about my blog and she pretty much labeled all of my HNT friends perverts and "creepy". She eventually nagged me so much that in the interest of keeping the peace, I shut down my blog.

Lo and behold, what did she do? Started a blog. She posted pictures every bit as revealing as anything I ever did and even took the opportunity, I learned later, to privately send half nekkid pictures to other people. Nothing like hypocrisy, huh? I started a new blog, but I've never been able to recapture the sense of creativity and fun that originally attracted me to blogging. Just something else she took from me for no good reason other than she could.

Five years after HNT started, Osbasso tells me I'm one of the pioneers of HNT and asks me to post my very first entry as well as a present day recreation. Since I lack a decent camera, there is no recreation, but above is my original entry. Enjoy.

P.S. I had a wonderful vacation with Kitten. I promise I will write about it soon.

P.P.S. After the "Ex" dumped me, I combined my old blog with this one. If you look in my archives, you can find a lot of my old HNT pictures. If that kinda thing interests you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

I remember this picture and the funny comments that went with it! Ahhh... those were the days!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Well, damned glad to see ya! From one creepy pervert to another!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

I found Daisy and Maddie getting some Tenn tix in your archives. Cute!
Happy HNT.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous cindy said...

are you saying your iPhone actually falls short on something? it IS a cameraphone, isn't it?

2:02 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

You got me Cindy, the iphone is good for many, many things, but not for taking pictures.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home