Sunday, June 20, 2010

City of New Orleans

Kitten came to town this weekend. We had a great time Saturday night starting with dinner at Bound'ry. We shared a seafood and cucumber bisque that had a side of seared scallop, squash blossom stuffed with goat cheese, a fish, whose name I can't remember, and creme brulee. The bisque and scallop was my favorite! After dinner, took Kitten over to the Ryman. The Grand Ole Opry is back at the Ryman since their normal place is still under repair from the flood. I had a great time and I think she did too.

So why the picture of the train? We decided on our next trip! We booked a flight to Chicago where we will board "The City of New Orleans". After an overnight train ride, we will spend a couple of days in the Big Easy, mostly eating and doing the tourist things. I'm excited to travel with Kitten and I think she is excited too. I can't wait!

4 Comments:

Blogger KitKat said...

I think the fish was Opah.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR TRIP!!!!!

SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

4:57 AM  
Anonymous cindy said...

So are you going to spend any time in the Windy City, or are you going there only to board the train?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Nope, we blow into town and head straight for the Amtrak station. What do you think? Sound like fun?

5:25 PM  
Anonymous cindy said...

welllll, there's a few pizza joints I'd like to hit up if I were in Chicago.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home