Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I ROCK!

Ok, I kinda rock. Another peak into my nerdy life. A local bar sponsors a Texas Hold 'Em poker tournament. They play two games every Tuesday and after eight weeks or so, they have a championship. That winner goes to Tunica (which is like the Vegas of the South except without the cheap entertainment, neon signs, and legal prostitution) for the big tournament.

The little weekly tournaments have small prizes. T-shirts and beer. The tournament champion gets a room in Tunica. The winner in Tunica gets cash money, a thousand dollars or so. When this all first started last year, I won the championship and got sent to Tunica. I made it about halfway through the next tournament, but since then I have had zero luck. Until tonight.

I WON! It's just the weekly tournament and I only got to take home a Bud t-shirt, but it's nice to be a winner for a change. I dunno how I did it, but the rest of you losers can just sit the fuck down.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home