Sunday, June 19, 2005

Absurd Details

Just when I begin to feel that I've grown into a responsible adult, I find myself doing things that are inexplicably childish. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this kind of behavior. I do think it rests entirely in the domain of the male gender. How many grown men with jobs, homes, kids and wives (I guess the singular is better used here, wife, as opposed to wives, apologies to those readers in Utah) do you know that have some childlike obsession about something. A car, golf, hunting, baseball cards, comic books, etc.

So, I find myself on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, rife with the possibilities of outdoor activity planted squarely in front of the computer obsessing over a game within a game.

And now you know the truth, I am a huge nerd. I became interested in fantasy football a couple of years ago. It became a great companion to the actual NFL games on Sunday. Now instead of watching only the game that involved my favorite team, I would follow each game that had one of my "drafted" players.

At first a casual past time, now it's a full blown obsession. I sat in front of the computer yesterday, agonizing over whether to take a running back or a quarter back in the second round. A completely wasted day centered around a game I was never athletic enough to play.

I'm a pathetic loser.

Oh yeah. My dog? She has horrible gas. I'm thinking about having her rectum plugged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home