Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Five Days Off

I have the next five days off. Originally, I asked for the time off to go to Florida with the ex, but after she dumped me, obviously I wasn't going. She still is. She's gonna take the new friend on our trip.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with the time off and no useful way to use it. So, I'm gonna try to come up with some things to do.

Thurs. I think I'm gonna join the Y. It's close, I need the exercise, and it will get me out of the house. Then, in the evening, some folks from work are going down to the local watering hole. I guess I'm in since I can't think of something more constructive to do.

Fri. The only thing I have on tap is to try to catch Cindy between flights and pay her the drink I lost when UCLA beat Tennessee. It will be tricky and not a for sure thing. She is actually on the way to Florida as well to meet up with the ex, her new friend and another friend. Confusing, huh? Cindy is friends with the ex, but has also been a good friend to me since the break up. In fact, I'm probably more upset about the fact that I'm missing out on spending time with Cindy than not getting to go to Florida. Anyway, I need to make some phone calls and see if anybody wants to have a beer or two Friday night.

Sat. I've decided to do the heart walk here in Nashville. A bunch of us from work bought matching t-shirts and are planning on taking our dogs. That should cover a couple of hours. I have tickets to the pre-season hockey game that night, but nobody to go with me. We'll have to see.

Sun. Laundry and house cleaning?

Mon. Ummmm. nothing.

So I guess I need some suggestions, it would be a shame to waste five days off/

1 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

Stupid tiny 70-minute layover. 30 minutes prior to the next flight for boarding, that leaves me 40 minutes to run out after landing in your airport, hang out with you, and find my way to the next gate.

I'm SO EXCITED about your YMCA plans and your doggie heart walk! It's like, everything I've ever dreamed for you in the past month or so is coming true! *sniff*

Sunday-Monday. I say find a nice swanky hotel to stay in and treat yourself to a night in a strange part of town. I don't know TN; if you were in SoCal I'd tell you to book a room in San Diego in the historic gas lamp district, then you can hang by the beach all day, or at the hotel resort. Sometimes a change of environment does wonders. Can you book a cabin or something that would allow you to bring your doggers?

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home