Sunday, September 06, 2009

Inglourious Basterds


I went to see Quentin Tarantino's new film, "Inglourious Basterds" today. It was very entertaining as long as you can suspend belief. To say that the movie is historically inaccurate is putting it mildly, but if you can be entertained without thinking "I'm not sure that really happened" then you might enjoy this movie.

A funny thing happened. Somewhere in the last quarter of the movie, the film burned through. Since the lights didn't come up and the image of the screen looked like it was still showing the movie, just with a white spot in the middle and the edges of the film flapping, nobody moved. I'm sure that everybody was thinking the same thing that I was, "this is part of the movie!" It being a Tarantino flick, I just figured this was some kind of plot device. After about ten minutes, somebody got up and informed the management. I got a pretty good laugh out of everybody sitting there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

That's so weird. It can't be the filmstrip burning through, or you wouldn't get a picture around the edges still, would you? I wonder how that happened. Did you get your money back?

4:18 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

I stayed until they fixed the film.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home