Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Getting By

I'm doing all right I reckon. I'm starting to shed some of the habits that I've gained over the last four years and finding the person I was. I talk to a lot more people now, that's for sure. I've spent a lot of time catching up and hopefully a few more people will cut me some slack and have a beer or a conversation. I'm eating better and my days don't seem so harried.

I was a tad disappointed yesterday. I've been hankering' for some decent Cajun food. Hard to find anywhere outside of Louisiana, but you would think Nashville would have at least one joint. A co-worker suggested Bro's not far from my old job and since I was in the area, I thought I'd give it a whirl. My mouth was watering as I pulled into the lot thinking about red beans and rice, jambalaya, and gumbo. Denied! What kinda place closes at three during the week and is completely closed on the weekends? Apparently, most of their business is catering.

Since I was in the area and it was close to quitting time, I called some folks I knew and we met up at the Gold Rush for some chow and some brews. Not the Cajun food I was looking forward too, but the company was infinitely better. What bar has Guinness on tap, but when you ask for a black and tan, offer to make it with PBR?

My golden retriever, Daisy, had some kind of episode yesterday too. She's seven years old and suddenly created a commotion on the floor. It looked like her back half was not under her control. She was trying to drag herself up by her front legs, gouging huge marks into the new hardwood. It looked like her ass was asleep. After she calmed down, it seemed like she had recovered fine. I'm a little worried, she isn't a puppy anymore.

I'm getting better everyday. There is still a lot of hurt and anger, but I keep telling myself that I'm better off and maybe, eventually I will be.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there. You will be okay. Have you ever tried Chappy's. It moved from LA to Nashville.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous cindy said...

You were craving New Orleans, too? Maybe it's something in the air! Or maybe you got it from reading about MY cravings. haha

Glad to hear you're socializing. Your post sounds better adjusted, too.

What was Daisy doing before that happened?! Are you gonna take her to the vet?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Was Daisy scooting? Like she looks like she is sitting down but moving herself with only her front paws? If so, she might need to be expressed (where the vet sticks his finger in her but and squeezes her anal gland that is not releasing the fluid naturally) or could have worms. Either way, go to the vet for a check up.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

No, this wasn't a blocked anal gland, she had no control over her back legs. I thought she was have a stroke or a seizure. She seems fine now, so maybe her ass was just asleep.

I have tried Chappy's and it's more like Owen Brennen's. Fancy Cajun. I want creole like my momma would make (if she was Cajun).

6:46 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

The next time you're in Knoxville, you should go to Bayou Bay to satisfy your Cajun cravings! :)

I hope Daisy is okay. That would scare me to death. My dogs are older too - about 10 years old now. Cruella has had some very serious health issues but seems to be doing very well now. Still, I can't help but worry about her every single day. We certainly can grow so attached to our pets, can't we?

I hope you're doing well. I know things will get better for you soon!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Actually, I was thinking about going to Knoxville next weekend. Where is the Bayou located?

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home