Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Long Saturday

I drove up to Knoxville yesterday with a friend to see the Tennessee/UCLA game. It was a quick drive and the first thing I insisted on doing when we got there was stopping by Gus's Goodtimes Deli. My steamed pepperoni and mozzerella sandwhich hit the spot!
My old friend, Gus, (not that he remembers me at all after twenty years) was behind the counter working the steamers. He looked tired and old, which I'm sure he is.
It was good to be back in Neyland Stadium and there were 102,000 fans that agreed with me. The game started off fairly slow with the two teams trading field goals, but then the Vols moved ahead with a touchdown. In the second half the wheels came off, Crompton threw multiple interceptions and the offense was unable to punch the ball into the endzone to take the lead with two minutes left. Overall, a disappointing show by Tennessee and next weeks game against Florida is looking pretty hopeless.

UCLA brought a few fans.Although Cindy was not among them. I guess I owe her a drink, but good luck to her trying to collect! ha!

On another unrelated sports post, here is a sneak peek of the Nashville Predators new third jersey worn by my favorite Preds fan.
It was a long day, but definately a welcome distraction. My Sunday will be spent doing laundry and washing dishes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

I will see you on the 25th, or I'm charging interest! =D

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home