Monday, September 21, 2009

What Does She Expect?

We got our season tickets for hockey last week. Originally, she had promised that we would still go to the games together since hockey was our thing. I was skeptical and she proved me right once again. Claiming she couldn't bear to be way from her new friend for three hours (let's see, three hours, multiplied by 23, that's sixty-nine hours in eight months you can't spare for somebody you want to be your friend? ok, whatever) we had to split the tickets. Friday she calls, we split the tickets, a little small talk, she mentions that she misses my Mom. Never mentions that she might miss me. Says she can't come get the tickets that night. She tells me to tell the dogs that their momma says hi. Hey dogs, remember the woman that threw us away? She says hi.

So I sat all weekend with her stack of tickets sitting on my kitchen table. Saturday, she was supposed to come by and get them. Oops, too busy, Sunday then. All day Sunday, no word until eleven o'clock at night. A text saying "Can you take the tickets to work and I will pick them up from you at five when you get off?" Fine. Four-thirty Monday afternoon rolls around, I get a text, "Just leaving hospital, will be there as fast as possible." Five o'clock, Monday afternoon. I'm bushed. I want to go home. Where am I? Sitting in the parking garage waiting for her. Fifeteen minutes late she pulls up and comes to my drivers side window. She wants to chit chat about the parking garage! I give her the tickets and tell her bye. She makes the face she makes when she thinks I've done something wrong. Me, the one that has been inconvienced because she was to busy the entire weekend to come get her tickets. Just another example of how she believes the world revolves around her.

I know this is petty. I know it's a small thing, but it's another example of how she has treated me since this started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home