Monday, August 31, 2009

And Here We Are

She had tickets to the Wallflowers last night. I had been asked to go long before the break up and after the break up she insisted that we were still going. I had been looking forward to spending time with her but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

I took her to dinner, someplace nice. That was where it started I guess. When we sat down, she sat across from the table from me. Not a small, intimate table, but a large table for four. I asked her to please sit next to me so we could at least have a conversation without yelling at each other. She moved, but looked around nervously. I told her not to worry, nobody was going to tell her new friend that she was sitting close to me. She chuckled and seemed to relax a little bit, but the damage was done.

We went to the concert and I was trying to have a good time. She didn't want me to touch her, I just wanted to maintain contact. It's not like I was trying to caress her ass or anything, but she kept brushing me off telling me that my hand kept moving, or that she didn't feel good. It didn't really matter. I never felt like it was the two of us doing something together anyway. She spent the better part of the the night texting her friend. Again, I felt like a ghost.

I'm starting to learn my lesson. She tells me that she wants me to be her best friend but it's all on her terms. It will never be me and her doing something together, it will always be me, her and her friend. She told me she wouldn't be going to any hockey games with me and I think she did me a favor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous BB from Cali said...

Dude,

That is pretty messed up. I think she is trying to drive you away, maybe to save yourself. Maybe she is being mean so you hate her and then she is off the hook. Either way, that is just plan rude. I say you put your foot down and tell her, "friends" don't treat each other that way and if you plan on something to do together then she needs to focus and be with you, otherwise not only are you a ghost, you will be turned into her lapdog. Neither are healthy.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, this is too much. Don't spend any more time or MONEY on her. To her, it's a free meal and that is all. There will be no friendship btwn the two of you. But, it wouldn't surprise me if she called you one day because her car won't start or she has a flat tire. If she does, give her the number of a mechanic.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home