Wednesday, June 23, 2010

People Are So Obvious

I usually don't deal in gossip. I find that nine times out of ten, the gossip is way off base, particularly if somebody says "Don't tell anyone I told you." However, there are a couple of people at work that everybody says are having an affair. He is single, but she is married. None of my business really, but co-workers have to have something to talk about.

Personally, I've not noticed anything suspicious. They have lunch together every once in a while. Hey, I've worked with people whose company I prefer over others. Still no big deal.

And then....the fella catches me in the locker room one morning. He says something like "Hey, you have an iPhone don't you? How do you erase pictures on there?" I'm a little confused at first and ask him a couple of questions. The gist of his complaint is that he plugged his iPhone into the computer and iTunes pulled all of his photos off of his computer and put them on his phone when they synced. I explained the whole tab system to him and told him to deselect the photo portion of the sync. Boom. Problem solved nice and easy.

I didn't think anything of the conversation until forty-five minutes later when the female half of the supposed couple caught me in the hall and asked me the same set of questions. I answered them in the same manner and didn't think anything of it.

Until about thirty minutes later. That's how slow I work folks. Now I'm laughing my ass off (on the inside of course) because I realise what must have happened. Now my imagination is running wild. I'm guessing that she got a new phone, plugged it into his computer, iTunes automatically synced it and now she has all of his pictures on her phone. Hard enough to explain to a significant other, but if they did what many couples do (not me of course) there are some very compromising photos on her phone. Can't explain that away!

How obvious do you have to be that even my dumb ass catches on to what you are doing?

3 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

Why wasn't the guy faster in getting the answer to the woman so that she didn't have to ask you herself and blow their cover?! And how hard is it to look for a how-to over the internet so they didn't have to add another party to their tragedy? I say they're TRYING to get caught.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Maybe, but why get caught at work and crank up the rumour mill?

6:35 AM  
Anonymous cindy said...

detrimental need for popularity.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home