Monday, October 05, 2009

Pretty Good Weekend

Saturday, after my friend and her boyfriend had finished getting their gear moved into their new condo, they called and asked if I wanted to grab some dinner and a beer. Since the Calypso Cafe closed early for some reason, we went into The Red Door Saloon.About half way through my first Guinness (on tap, thankyouverymuch), we strike up a conversation with one of the regulars. Turns out he lives in the same condos that my friends, S and B, have their place. He goes on and on, telling us about the bar until finally he asks us if we know about the Red Door's secret. Of course we don't. He offers to show us. We were pretty hesitant at first, you kinda have to assume a position that brings to mind prison rape to learn the secret, but once seen, it's pretty frickin' neat!

After I left S and B, I went home and watched the Preds beat the Stars in a shootout! Great first game. Fantastic way to start the season.
Sunday was spent watching the Titans lose again! Pathetic. I think I'm giving up on them for the season. I don't see them beating either the Colts or the Patriots in the next two games, so that puts them at 0-6 to begin the season. Definitely time to focus on hockey.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled on your blog a WHILE a go and periodically checked in for updates It was basically a morbid curiosity of rubber-necking at the train wreck that is your now EX. That chick has serious issues. Any trips that you guys took together must have been a huge undertaking and logical nightmare due to all the baggage that she carries around with her!!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Ignorance is bliss my friend. Obviously I'm looking for a little sympathy or I wouldn't be spilling my guts in a public forum. Keeping that in mind, when we were together I was perfectly happy. I never stressed over her issues and tried to help her deal with them in my own sad, self serving way. I have split her into two people now. The first person I love and miss on a constant basis. She is never far from my thoughts, but that person is gone forever. The second person is who she has become, somebody that I have no interest in knowing. Everybody grows and changes during their journey through life. She has grown and changed into somebody I don't know. Was all of this part of who she was when we were together? That seems probable. I was just too ignorant to see it. Her baggage is no longer my concern, I hope she has found somebody to help her carry it. I can no longer help her with that as my baggage is almost more than I can bear.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bat,

Well said!!! You sound like you have your house in order....

Your ex doesn't need someone to carry her baggage, she needs a packmule because there is so much!!!!

Michael

1:46 AM  
Anonymous cindy said...

I can't believe you're just gonna let the "secret behind the red door" hang there. Why does a bar have a secret, anyway?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

So that you will come to Nashville. You can't resist a secret!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous cindy said...

gah!

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home