Sunday, October 18, 2009

Missed Opportunity

It's suddenly turned cold here. Cold for me at least. After a week of rain and mid sixties temps, it became overcast and mid forties. I wanted to get out of the house and asked Kris if she wanted to go see the Nashville Rollergirls. Nothing like taking a date to roller derby! We decided to go to dinner first, so we stopped off at The Yellow Porch. Always good, the gnocchi melted in my mouth! After dinner, we went over to the fair grounds for roller derby. The Nashville Rollergirls!
We had to park a bazillion miles away. I thought it was because there was a dog show at the fair grounds the same night (as evidenced by the van with "Chinese Crested Club of Nashville painted on the side). So we trudged up the hill in the cold and went inside. A huge crowd was cheering and from what we could see it looked like a blast. I went over to the ticket window only to see "SOLD OUT". Denied! Kris tried to talk our way inside, but no luck. I don't know about her, but I was extremely disappointed.

On to plan B. Kris came up with the idea of going to a haunted house. We picked the "Slaughter House."
Haunted houses usually don't do much for me, but let me tell you, there is one dark room there that you walk into and a strobe light flashes once. You see Jason standing in one corner of the room and think "ok, there he is, I know where the noise and scare is going to come from." The lights immediately go back out and you keep moving into the room, then the light flashes again. The sonuvabitch isn't in the corner any more! The light goes back out and you know you are in the room with this guy, but you don't know where he is! That really made my heart beat two or three times faster!

I took her home and met all of her dogs and kids. She is a lot of fun, I just wish I was in a better place to date. She seems to have a lot of patience and doesn't mind when I seem to me lost in thought, so we are planning on going out Halloween night. She is definitely a welcome distraction.

2 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

so where was Jason? was he just moving out of sight, or was he approaching?

I sooo can't do haunted houses (unless real) and haunted theme parks. I hate things that jump out at me that I'm not allowed to hit back.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He snuck around behind us!!! It was just like being in a horror movie. One minute you see him, the next minute you don't know where he is but you know he is in the room with you!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home