Sunday, October 11, 2009

No Hangover?

Wow. I'd say I drank a gallon of beer yesterday! I went over to Oktoberfest in Germantown. First of all, it's great being five minutes from downtown. You spend more time looking for a parking place than you do driving to the event. Germantown is right at the edge of downtown on the north side. I could see the Nashville skyline the entire time I was quaffing huge amounts of barley pops. How huge? A liter at a time huge. Actually I started off with a regular sized 12 oz. to wash down my brat and German potato salad, but the lines were so long I switched to the liter stein just to gut down wait time. The Long Players were on stage doing the Stones classic album "Sticky Fingers", it was overcast and sixty degrees, I was full of beer and surrounded by new friends. A good afternoon.

In the evening, I had tickets to the Preds game. It was a hard fought match with the Sabres getting the first goal of the game with only three minutes left. Pekka turned away forty of forty-one shots in a losing effort. Still, with a couple more beers in my gullet, I enjoyed every minute of it.

It seems my sports world has been turned upside down. The Cardinals got swept in the divisional playoffs, the Preds lose their first game of the season and yet, somehow, the Vols put together a 45-19 win over Georgia. Impressive.

Also impressive? No hangover today. Just a serious case of beer breath! The dogs don't seem to mind.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are out doing things and hanging out with friends.

As far as the dogs and their beer breath goes, just remember that dogs like their asses all the time, so they ain't judges of good taste!!!!!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home