Monday, August 17, 2009

More

I have four days left including tonight. Four years boiled down to four days. I met with her after work to change the billing on the cable, then I bought her dinner. When we got home, netflix had a movie waiting for us, "I Love You Man." She was initially excited, "Can we watch it tonight." My heart jumped at the thought of time spent with her laughing and enjoying each other's company. A little later, after we walked the dogs, she back tracked a bit, "Can we watch it tomorrow? Is that ok?" Of course it was. I can handle a little delayed gratification. After she talked to her friend for a while she came back to me, "I promised somebody else I would watch it with them, sorry." Just another little thing thrown on the pile to make a big thing. Four more days.

5 Comments:

Blogger 13messages said...

I've been in this situation a time or two and know the pain. I wish I could say something wise and helpful, but I also know that no one could have helped me when I was dealing with that pain with just some words. Anyway, I wish you well. Simply put, and you've heard it before, time heals.

If I wasn't such a broke-ass blogger, I'd buy you a drink. Email me if you want to hang out sometime.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be much better when you move out. The situation is only hurting you. Yes time does heal! Sorry but she really doesn't should that much of a nice person. Even if I fell out of love with my boyfriend I would never be so mean to him.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to meet up with you and have a few beers to cheer you up, but I am in Australia, bummer!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

I'm have trouble keeping my anonymous commenters straight! Thanks for chiming in folks.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I agree with Anonymous that things will be better once you have moved out. I unfortuately let my last break up drag for a few months as he was trying to find a place to live and it literally drives you mad!! Soon you will have a new neighborhood and routine and things will start to heal. Take care and make sure to surround yourself with friends and family and not stay indoors and moop.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home